(Download) CTET: Mathematics: (Paper - I) - 2011
Directions : Answer the following questions by selecting the most
1. Which is true for a hexagonal pyramid ?
(1) It has six faces and each face is a
(2) It has a hexagonal base with six
triangular faces meeting at a point
(3) It has two hexagonal faces and six
(4) It has six hexagonal faces joined by six
2. The length of a rectangle is ‘l’ and its width is
half of its length. What will be the perimeter
of the rectangle if the length is doubled
keeping the width same ?
3. Vikas teaches mathematics to a class of 56
students. He believes that conducting a test is
effective if the feedback is given immediately.
He conducted a short class test of 10 marks.
What is the best possible way of giving the
feedback effectively ?
(1) He can let the students check each
(2) He can explain the solution of each
problem on the board and ask the
students to check their answer on their
(3) He can have a whole class discussion on
ways in which they have got their
solutions and which is the effective
strategy to arrive at the correct answer
(4) Pick out any copy at random and
discuss the method followed in the copy
on the board
4. To introduce the concept of area, a teacher
can start with
(1) comparing area of any figure with the
help of different objects like palm, leaf,
pencil, notebook, etc.
(2) calculating area of a rectangle by
finding length and breadth of a
rectangle and using the formula for
area of a rectangle (i.e. length ´
(3) calculating area of figures with the help
of counting unit square
(4) explaining of formulae for finding area
of figures of different shapes